Saturday, October 1, 2011

Internet Scams (Redux)

This missive arrived in my email account last night:

"My name is Fatima,i saw your profile and became interested, i want you to send email to my email so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.I believe we can move from here,(Remember the distance or color does not matter but love matters a lot in life)."


Image: Getideaka / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Well, Fatima, I think I'll pass on the invitation. Even if I thought for one second your inquiry was legit, and even if I weren't happily married for four decades, I can only paraphrase Marx (Groucho, that is):

I wouldn't want to sleep with any woman who would want to go to bed with me.

I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER. --- Groucho
More Marx Brothers: http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=cho+Marx+I+would+want+to+join+any+club+that+would+have+me+for+a+member&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

As for "Fatima," she seems to be a reincarnation of last year's "Miss Fatima Mamadou" scam. Example:

Hello dear,

Complement of the day to you, please pardon me if i interfere into your privacy, my name is Miss Fatima Mamadou, Age 24, single, i am the only daughter of late Dr. Seydou Mamadou, from Ivory Coast in west Africa, my father was a personal adviser to our former (Head of State). I observed you are an important personality before i made up my mind to contact you. Please, i will like to know more about you because i have with me some funds which i will like to invest in a good business over there in your country. I wish you could be honest to me so that i can go into this investment with you by my self and i will also need your good advices.

You will know me more as we communicate along. Thanks for your understanding, hoping to hear from you soon.

>From my heart,
Miss Fatima Mamadou

(Received from [41.214.64.196] by web46201.mail.sp1.yahoo.com via HTTP – Dakar, Senegal)
http://www.nigerianemailscam.com/archives/748

Incidentally, history's most famous "Fatimah" was Muhammad's daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment