Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Donkey Day of Action in the Keystone State

Pennsylvania = Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between.

Image: Evgeni Dinev / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Dear James Ottavio,

Join us for the Day of ActionEver since the results came out in 2010, I've been looking forward to the next election and the opportunity to turn the tide back and get Democrats elected in Pennsylvania. I thought I'd have to wait until 2012, but there are very important elections coming up in just three weeks. And there is a lot to do to make sure Democrats win on November 8th.

Will you join me this Saturday for the Statewide Day of Action? It's just a few hours of your time for a major difference.

I'm volunteering Saturday because I know how important every single vote will be this year. While these races might not get all the flash and hype as others, they have an incredible impact on our day to day lives. And because the turnout is traditionally so much lower, every vote cast has an even greater impact.

That means that this Saturday, every door we knock and phone we call could actually make the difference in these important races!

So, will you join me this Saturday for the Day of Action? Democrats at 56 locations across the Commonwealth need your help - click here and search for your zip code to find the event nearest you and sign up. It's so easy!

Can't make it out, but still want to help? Make calls and make a difference from the comfort of your home by clicking here.

I'm volunteering Saturday because the Day of Action is one day where Democrats across the state will be out working to win these elections. I want to feel that sense of energy that comes from an entire state of Democrats coming together to fight for change. And I knew that a few hours of my time dialing numbers and pounding pavement would be nothing compared to the satisfaction of winning next month and next year.

The PA Dems have started up a great new way to get involved if you can't make it out to an event - there is a virtual phone bank available here. From the comfort of your home and your Internet browser, you can log on to the website and make calls to voters to get them out on Election Day. Even if you can't help at an event location, you can still make a big difference with little time and effort!

I'm volunteering Saturday because if we win on November 8th, we will have the momentum and resources to win in 2012 - but we can't do it if you don't come out and join me this Saturday for the Day of Action. Please click here to sign up.

Thank you for joining me in getting out the vote,

Peggy Lucas
Volunteer, Dauphin County

No comments:

Post a Comment