Introducing a New Webinar:
The ADA and Preparing for Change: New Rights and Responsibilities
Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 2-3:30pm (ET)
Higher education is responding to changes in trends, student needs and campus environments continually…including changes in compliance that often require a quick and accurate response. In 2010 the Department of Justice issued the first major changes to its 1991 regulations under the ADA, with compliance deadlines of March 2011 and March 2012.
* March 2011 - institutions will need to have made decisions about accessibility standards for facilities and policies in place addressing service animals, mobility devices, event ticketing, exams and classes.
* March 2012 - barrier removal must be completed and all new construction must be in compliance with the new 2010 Accessibility Standards.
Keeping up with the new rules, proposed rules and pending deadlines can be overwhelming, tedious, confusing and feel high-risk at times…especially if you don’t fully understand how to implement and apply the regulations.
The new provisions and interpretations of the ADA means that colleges and universities must change some of the policies, procedures and practices concerning their students, faculty members, staff members and visitors with disabilities. You will gain an understanding of the impact of DOJ’s 2010 rules on higher education, learn how to develop policies for particularly thorny issues, and gain practical tools for planning for compliance.
Join our expert presenter as she explores key issues for higher education, including those related to: service animals and mobility devices, effective communication, physical and program accessibility, and approaches to compliance.
Click Here to See a Full List of Topics and Participation Outcomes
What is a Webinar?
Please join your colleagues around the country for this 90 minute webinar as our presenter looks at specific examples of how colleges and universities can better understand rights and responsibilities of the ADA . Then, add your thoughts and ask questions during our Q&A session - all for the cost of $259. Please call 1-866-295-0505 with any questions.
Train and Educate Your Entire Staff or Dept for one low price
Can't Make The Date?
Order the CD and all materials for the same price as the conference.
* Receive an overview of the ADA and its revision and recent updates for 2011
* Gain an understanding of the impact of DOJ’s 2010 rules on higher education
* Learn how to develop policies for particularly thorny issues faced on campus
* Gain practical tools for planning for compliance
* Become more knowledgeable and aware of pending regulations
* Explore key issues such as: service animals and mobility devices, effective communication, physical and program accessibility, and approaches to compliance.
Learn More About This Webinar
Full Topic List and Discussion Points - Presenter Biographies