Tuesday, March 4, 2014

New Jersey's legislature is considering a strict new gun law

Vietnam-era rifles at the National Firearms Museum
Vietnam-era rifles at the National Firearms Museum (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Even .22s might be outlawed by this legislation, according to some commentators.
http://personalliberty.com/2014/03/03/new-jersey-gun-law-would-turn-your-22-into-an-assault-weapon-and-you-into-a-felon/

Talk of .22 rifles takes me back to those halcyon days of my youth when, after mass, the old man took us up to the town dump to plink at rats, before Sunday dinner.  

I abhor the lone nuts with their arsenals and the inner city gangs who are killing each other for territory and drug money.  But I don't think I'm prepared to be disarmed by a government that gave us the War on Terror, the Patriot Act… and which is dominated by the top 1%.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment