Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My bro' cheers for Italy, but Spain prevails

Still, the shirt is awesome.  He wrote:

Remember this shirt.  First time I put it on in like, forever.  Unfortunately Sunday, Spain beat  Italy for the Euro Cup  4  nil.
T

hank You

Leo Castagnera – Vice President
BSA Officer, Security Officer
First Northern Bank & Trust Co.

And here are the pix:





I, too, remember, when he bought this shirt and where: Venice, July 2006.  My son, his nephew, had gotten married in Hamburg on JUly 14th.  Leo and I attended, then took an extra week, which we spent in Venice and pints north.  The shirt was purchased in Venice.  There followed an evening and food and wine, whereupon we managed to forget the shirt in the restaurant.  The next day it was all we could do to find the place.  But, luckily, an honest owner had held onto the bag for us.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment