Friday, July 27, 2012

Letter from a college student opposed to PA's voter-ID law

Dear James Ottavio,
I wanted to send you a quick note about the new Voter ID laws. I'm a college student, a registered voter, and a volunteer at the Pennsylvania Democratic Party, and my friends and I are just one group that will be affected by new Voter ID requirements.
Getting college students to the polls has always been tough and this year with new Voter ID requirements it may be even tougher. That's why I'm asking everyone I know to volunteer during next week's Voter ID Week of Action to make sure voters have all the information on the Voter ID law they need to vote this Nov.
It's a pretty complicated law--even the Governor doesn't know what forms of ID you need to vote -- so we're hard at work talking to voters who may be affected starting this week.
The Voter ID law could prevent hundreds of thousands of voters from casting their ballot. Please volunteer so ALL eligible voters are allowed to vote this November.
Virtual phone banks will be held through our website and in person next week and we need you to come out and volunteer.
This campaign's success is going to come down to volunteers like you and me talking to voters.
Sign up for a volunteer shift for our Voter ID Week of Action here, just fill out this form and someone will contact you with more details.
Thank you for protecting my right to vote,
Erin Cummings,
Pennsylvania Democratic Party Volunteer

No comments:

Post a Comment