Monday, July 2, 2012

Stan Supinski says goodbye to the Center for Homeland Defense Studies


Dear UAPI Friends and Colleagues:
I have been involved with the University and Agency Partnership Initiative since its inception; a total of just over seven years. At the end of this month, I am leaving it and CHDS for other pursuits and I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you our community for making my time as the director of UAPI both very enjoyable and extremely rewarding.
The partnership we have developed is pretty unique. We all have the common goal of preparing the professionals who handle our security and manage our disasters. We have pulled together as a group to ensure this is done to the best of our abilities, and to meet the national need. I have been awed by everyone’s dedication, hard work, and willingness to share their work in order to make us collectively better. Many of you have heard me say during my visits that altruism is alive and well in academia – it certainly is the homeland security community! I can also tell you that I have seen the results of some of our work in my hometown of Colorado Springs this week – the response of our professionals has been pretty incredible.
While it’s sad to leave, it’s time to pursue a passion; believe it or not, I will be devoting part of my life to culinary school. I will, however, remain a member of our community as I will continue teaching at Long Island University. Fear not, UAPI will be in very good hands as Steve Recca will assume the leadership role.
So, thanks for doing what you do and thanks very much for making our partnership such a professionally rewarding experience. Keep up the excellent work.
Finally, if you do wish to send me any comments, please do so to my email at sbsupins@nps.edu.
Sincerely and with Warmest Regards, Stan Supinski





I wish you well, Stan!

No comments:

Post a Comment