Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A plea for college presidents to exercise moral leadership (Don't hold your breath, woman.)

November 21, 2011
A Plea to College Presidents: Exercise Your Moral Leadership

By Cathy N. Davidson
On Saturday, November 18, I was shocked and saddened to watch the video of police breaking up a peaceful student protest at the University of California at Davis. I'd just given a lecture in the Chancellor's Colloquium series a few weeks before. I love this campus. I admire the brilliant students and faculty, the gracious staff, and the administrators and alumni and supporters I met during three days of energetic hospitality.

more: http://chronicle.com/article/A-Plea-to-College-Presidents-/129863/?sid=pm&utm_source=pm&utm_medium=en


SOURCE

There aren't too many Woodrow Wilsons (prez of Princeton, in case you didn't know) occupying the top slots these days, I fear. Mostly entrepreneurs and fund raisers, looking to catch up with private-sector CEOs, salary-wsie, I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment