I thought you might be interested in a negotiation seminar that I am presenting for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education Thursday, December 22, 2011. While it will be similar to ones you may have attended, you might want to refresh your skills and/or recommend it to friends, colleagues, and clients.
Below is information on the seminar and how you can register.
Marty Latz, Latz Negotiation Institute (LNI)
Gain the Edge! Negotiation Strategies for Lawyers
Featuring MARTIN E. LATZ, national negotiation expert and author of Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
New Jersey Law Center
One Constitution Square
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Do you know the latest research-based negotiation strategies that work - and don’t work?
Has your opposing counsel attended a negotiation course recently and picked up new skills?
How do you really know you’re getting the best deal or settlement?
Find out from one of the nation’s leading negotiation experts - and then achieve more success with perhaps your most important skill as a lawyer.
Even if you’ve been negotiating for years, you’ll leave this seminar with new strategies you can use in your next negotiation. Adding that one new tactic may be the difference between winning and walking away empty-handed.
Participants in over 40 states and 4 provinces have given Marty a thumbs up - way up!
"Wonderful speaker, both engaging and informative. Look forward to additional opportunities to learn from Marty’s experience."
Jim Arsenault, Office of County Counsel, Cape May
15 Skills You’ll Learn
1. Latz’s 5 Golden Rules of Negotiations
2. Strategies to get past "No" - if all appears lost
3. 1st offer dynamics - when to make it and when to wait
4. Ways to gain leverage when seemingly powerless
5. Secrets to success in emotionally charged negotiations
6. Powerful agenda control techniques
7. Deadline and timing tips - manage them to maximize success
8. Competitive techniques vs. problem solving strategies
9. Tactics to generate creative solutions
10. Powerful information gathering methods
11. When to share information - and when to keep it
12. When to hold - and when to fold
13. Ways to deal with untrustworthy adversaries
14. How to keep options open while building future relationships
15. The difference between "puffery" and unacceptable lying
About Martin Latz
Martin E. Latz, Founder of Latz Negotiation Institute, is one of the nation’s leading experts on negotiating techniques. Since 1995, Latz has taught over 70,000 lawyers and business professionals how to more effectively negotiate and has consistently received the highest praise for his seminars and customized training programs.
An Adjunct Professor - Negotiation at Arizona State University College of Law since 1995, Latz also advises and negotiates on behalf of a wide range of private and public entities. From 1993-1995, he negotiated for The White House nationally and internationally on The White House Advance Teams.
Latz is the author of Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want, and has appeared as a negotiation expert on CBS’ The Early Show and such national business shows as Your Money and Fox Business. He also writes a monthly negotiation column for The Arizona Republic.
For more on Latz and to check out his negotiation columns, visit www.NegotiationInstitute.com/.
BECOME A BETTER NEGOTIATOR... REGISTER NOW!
Fees: $269 General Tuition
By Mail: NJICLE
One Constitution Square
New Brunswick, NJ 08901