Saturday, March 26, 2011

In Palin's critique of "lamestream media" I hear echos of another GOP darling

Earlier this week, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said she's "through whining" about the media, but in a Facebook post Thursday night, Palin clarified that there are some instances in which she'll continue her contentious back-and-forth with the press.

"I'll keep correcting false reporting, and I'll defend others to the hilt; but I won't spend any more precious, limited time responding to personal, vulgar, sexist venom spewed my way," Palin wrote. More: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20047290-503544.html

Remember Spiro Agnew? He once made headlines by calling the news media "the nattering nabobs of negativity." The press got the last laugh, when Agnew resigned from the Vice Presidency and pleaded "no contest" to tax-fraud charges in October 1974.

No comments:

Post a Comment