2. Readers have a right to know where I stand on things. On my website I state three areas of interest:
- Employment Law
- Education Law
- Counter Terrorism Law
My major positions are:
- Universal education for all Americans to the extent they desire it and are qualified for it.
- Universal employment for all American capable of working, and at compensation levels that can provide food, clothing, shelter, and the leisure necessary for good citizenship and cultivation of civilized minds.
- Achievement and preservation of a proper balance between civil liberties and national security, with civil liberties trumping national security when the two interests are incompatible.
3. Congress has taken a five-week summer recess. When it reconvenes, according to Cokie Roberts of NPR, Republicans will want to cash-starve Obama care, while Democrats will want an immigration law containing a pathway to citizenship. Let me say upfront that I favor neither agenda. Better we have continued stalemate than either or both of these agendas enacted.