Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mr. Bean crashes his $4 million car

Wow! I'm blown away:

1. That a car could be worth $4 million. (But I guess, when it's really famous and there are only 106, that can happen. I paid $90 for my first car, by the way.)

2. That a cheesy comic could make enough playing Mr. Bean to buy the thing at auction. (But apparently, this was just one of actor Rowan Atkinson's collection. Lots of beans in being Mr. Bean, I reckon. Albeit, he reportedly only paid a meager 650,000 pounds for the beast in '97. It reportedly was the toy he gave himself as a reward for the success of his Mr. Bean feature film.)

3. That someone with a $4million car would ever crash it. (Just wondering, no allegation intended: In hard economic times and a down market, might someone with a $4million [on the books] asset think that insurance was the best way to crash, er...cash in? Just a thought. I'll bet there's an insurance adjuster out there somewhere having the same thought right now.)

More: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/08/mr-bean-wrecks-his-rare-mclaren-f1/1

No comments:

Post a Comment