Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Prepping for an I-9 Audit

Upcoming Audio Conference:

I-9 Compliance: Audit Yourself before the Government Does
The government has finally figured out an all encompassing strategy that has made HR professionals and corporate executives sit up and take immigration laws seriously.

It doesn’t involve swarms of armed men and K-9 units taking over a building and taking people away for deportation. It involves tracking I-9 paperwork and throwing huge, expensive fines at organizations whose paperwork isn’t compliant.

The new crackdown on I-9 immigration status compliance is happening in the filing rooms of corporations across America, where all it takes for you to get a hefty fine is having your paperwork out of order—even if the worker in question turns out to be legal to work in the States after all is said and done.

A newly updated and revised handbook for the I-9 was released on January 5, 2011. But even though it tries to clarify complex issues and nuances, I-9 compliance remains one of the most troublesome issues facing HR and legal professionals. With government enforcement increasing every day, it’s more important than ever that you proactively protect yourself from government scrutiny.

Learning Objectives:

* Why is the government so aggressive about I-9 compliance and enforcement?
* What are the most common errors in I-9 forms?
* How long do I have to keep I-9 forms on file?
* Should I make photocopies of documents that employees present?
* What can I do to fix problems with my I-9 forms?
* Is there an easy process or formula for conducting an audit that will improve my I-9 form compliance?

Presented By:

David Whitlock is a partner with Elarbee Thompson, a management-oriented labor and employment firm. The firm is based in Atlanta but represents clients around the country in all matters related to employment.

Mr. Whitlock is a frequent lecturer and presenter on immigration topics and best practices in employment. He was named a “Georgia Super Lawyer, Immigration” in 2004, was listed in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Business Lawyers 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2010, and was selected for inclusion in Who’s Who Legal Georgia in 2007. He is AV rated, the highest rating bestowed by Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Whitlock was named one of the Best Lawyers in America for 2009-2011.

Product Options:

Audio Conference Only: $219.00
Audio Conference CD Only: $229.00 (includes S&H)
Audio Conference + CD: $329.00 (includes S&H)

You don't want to miss this exciting audio conference. Register today!

No comments:

Post a Comment