Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Questioning Sarah's intelligence? Well, shut my mouth!

I like this letter in the Santa Fe New Mexican:


Cartoon characters

I had to chuckle at the two Feb. 11 letters that ran under the headline, "Affront to civility," from John P. Greenspan and John Onstad, who were defending Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann from a cartoon that questioned the women's intelligence.

I've seen cartoons in this paper that suggest the same or worse about our president and other prominent Democrats. I don't recall letters from either gentleman chastising or threatening your publication for improper political dialogue regarding those.

But the right-wing mantra these days seems to be: "It's OK if we do it a thousand times, but should anyone stoop to our level even once, we must respond as disgusted victims." Fortunately, I think there are a lot of Republican leaders who think that cartoon was spot-on. I have to agree that neither Palin nor Bachmann can be accused of having a window on the driver's side.

Gerry Kelly
Santa Fe



No comments:

Post a Comment