|Healthcare USA, after Anton Bruehl (Photo credit: Mike Licht, NotionsCapital.com)|
1. A roof over their heads
2. Decent food.
3. The shirts on their backs.
4. Adequate health care.
5. As much education as each one is willing and able to handle.
Only the Democrats will ensure these five human rights.
There are issues with which I agree with the GOP:
1. Our borders should be guarded jealously and immigration should be sharply curtailed.
2. We must exploit out energy resources, including our fossil fuel reserves to the max.
But I cannot accept:
1. The GOP's plank on "absolutely no abortions."
2. Ryan Paul's desire/determination to end Medicare as we know (just when my wife need it).
3. Romney's pledge to repeal Obamacare, which has enabled my 24-year-old daughter, who's trying ot make it as a freelance writer, and millions of young people like her, to remain on their parents' health plans.
And I can't vote for a presidential candidate who built his vast fortune by closing companies and firing American workers, and then put his money into offshore accounts. Nor can I support a candidate who, as governor, signed a healthcare act that looks like Obamacare, and then vows to repeal Obamacare, just to garner votes.
The answer to the President's question is "Hell no, it isn't the end!"
Our opponents want to close the book on the Obama White House and everything it represents -- all that we've built together and all the progress we'll continue to make together.
We can't let that happen. Donate $5 or more now:
From: Barack Obama
Subject: The end?
It's August 23rd. And 75 days from now, I'll either be looking at another four years in the White House -- or the end of this opportunity.
I know what's at stake for the parents worrying about health care, the kids who need help to go to college, and the seniors who want a secure retirement.
But we're getting outspent by wide margins in critical battleground states -- and what we do about that today could be the difference between winning and losing on November 6th.
So as we near one of the last fundraising deadlines of this campaign, I'm asking you to pitch in $5 right now:
Thanks for all you do,