Friday, May 18, 2012

Dust from the road

So... I'm in a Drury (not Dreary) Inn in Terra Haute, Indiana.  Where did they get that name.  I am vaguely familiar with Haute Cuisine, and I do mean vaguely.  Anyway, this place is a deal.  I got my hands on a coupon at a rest stop just east of IndianapolisFor $65 bucks, I not only get a great room, but also:

1. A drink ticket for the bar at the happy hour-and-a-half.  Lots of food too.  I had two dogs with my glass of Cab.

2.  Free internet in my room... thus this posting.

3.  Use of the fitness room and pool... both small but adequate.

So... I'm 700 miles along my 1700-mile way to Colorado Springs, where nephew Alex Zubey will be commissioned and graduate from the Air Force Academy next week. Ten of us have a house rented for the week.  High times in the high country.

Meanwhile, I'm seeing some nice country.  Like tat Greek super-heroe who drew all his strength from the ground, I need to see American soil for myself every now and again.  That's why I'm driving out there.

More tomorrow night, if I'm not road kill in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment