Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A cautionary tale...

... of the type that keeps me from being a liberal.

Yeh, I know I hammer the right on this Blog often enough (or maybe not quite often enough). But I'm no lefty. I'm a moderate to my middle-class core.

Here's the kind of story that stifles all temptations to slide to the left:

A friend works in a clinic in Allentown, Pa. She serviced a patient the other day... a woman with a young daughter, who told her she had just moved to Allentown from Atlanta, Georgia. Making nice, my friend asked, "Do you like it better up here?"

"Oh, yes," came the quick reply. "Down there, they only gave me food stamps. I had to work eight, even ten hours a day!"

Image: Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


My friend, who regularly works eight (and, yes, sometimes even ten) hours a day, (and, who, as a single mom, raised two kids) found her PC being sorely tested. Can you blame her?

My dose of anti-liberal for the week.
************************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment