Friday, May 30, 2014

For the first time in a half century, two students tie for first in the national spelling bee...

An American-style crossword with a 15 15 grid ...
An American-style crossword with a 15 15 grid layout. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
… and they are two boys.  Wow! 
http://www.aol.com/article/2014/05/29/2-boys-declared-co-champions-of-spelling-bee/20900899/?icid=maing-grid7|maing9|dl1|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D482198

Once upon a time, back in grade school, I won a spelling bee and got a statue of the Blessed Virgin for my prize.  The nun was apologetic.  She'd picked the prize on the assumption a girl would carry it off.  Despite that modest victory, I still can't complete a crossword puzzle without my wife's corrections of my spelling errors.  Go figure.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment