Wednesday, July 30, 2014

International Educators: Sign up for my August 26th Webinar on Managing Your International Student Population

http://www.educationadminwebadvisor.com/schedule/detail/Managing-Your-International-Student-Population

Thanks to me, my university was one of the first to be certified for SEVIS when the program was started by ICE after 9/11.  My experience since then spans international student and faculty visas and the plethora of issues that surround serving our international student populations.  I've led study tours to Asia and Europe and traveled in the Middle East (that's me on the fence line of the West Bank in the photo).  I've coached Chinese students for their visa interviews and I've drafted student-exchange and study abroad agreements for affiliations around the world.  I helped establish and I supervise my school's center for international education with which I troubleshoot the vast variety of visa, employment and academic issues our international students face.

Here's what you can hope to learn:
  • Whether it’s legal to admit undocumented students
  • Whether public universities may accord in-state tuition rates to undocumented state residents
  • The fundamentals of the F-1 and J-1 visa statuses
  • What an applicant for admission from abroad must demonstrate financially
  • What constitutes full-time status and what are the exceptions to this requirement
  • When and where an international student work can work
  • What are international students’ options after graduation and how you can help them achieve their career goals
  • SEVIS certification requirements
  • Whether it’s necessary to protect your institution’s intellectual property from misappropriation by international students and post-docs
  • AND MUCH MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment