Monday, November 26, 2012

The Proof(reading) is in the Christmas pudding

Herewith a webinar entitled "Proofreading to Perfection"

http://e.busdly.com/index.php?action=message&l=470&c=18021&m=13436&s=42116e6daf80b41eb134acf76e1a2e2c&cigx=d.nac,stid.18021,sid.268172,lid.470,mid.13436

I don't get even one thin dime for bringing it to your attention.  It's just that I know how important proofreading is... and how poorly it is done today.  When I taught legal research and writing at Widener Law School nearly two decades ago, I devoted an entire class to cases I had found in which the litigation had arisen out of a typographical error or a careless grammatical mistake.  To this day, I remain amazed at the poor --- or non-existent --- proofreading that occurs, even with regard to expensive, hard cover books.  Blogs and emails make me want to weep.

Hey, I know I'm not perfect.  Nobody is.  But this is a pandemic that needs to be contained.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment