Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Retiree sez, "Vote like your life depended on it."

Jim --

I'm 77 years old, a retired administrative assistant, and I live in Florida.

Like many other seniors, I've worked really hard all my life to make sure our kids and grandkids are cared for, and to save for a secure retirement, but Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan don't seem to get it. Their philosophy? "You're on your own."

Their plan to repeal health care reform and cut basic social services would be devastating to my autistic grandson and his family, my granddaughters with pre-existing health conditions, and to my own savings. Their plan to turn Medicare into a voucher system could cost seniors like me up to $6,400 every year.

President Obama is standing behind families like mine and yours, while Mitt Romney would just hang us out to dry.

Watch this video to hear what Mitt Romney thinks about more than half of seniors, then join Seniors for Obama to help fight back.

If we each tell our personal stories, then the people around us will speak up and make their voices heard, too. There's just too much at stake in this election to stand by. So when Mitt Romney says his job is "not to worry about" 47 percent of Americans, who he says "are dependent upon government" and don't "take personal responsibility for their lives," I say to him: I worked hard to pay my taxes, just like so many seniors I know. I don't believe I'm entitled to anything -- all I've ever wanted was to retire and grow old with dignity, to take care of my family, to contribute to my community, and to know there's a basic safety net there in case I should ever need it.

President Obama understands that. So as long as I am able, I'm going to stand up and fight with him.

I'm going door to door, I'm making signs, and I'm talking to everyone I can about President Obama's health care law and what it means for seniors and their Medicare. And right now, I'm asking you to do the same in your community.

It starts by joining Seniors for Obama. Sign up now:

http://my.barackobama.com/Join-Seniors-for-Obama

With 43 days left until Election Day, it's time to step it up -- because we've got to vote this year like our lives depend on it.

Thanks so much,

Carol

Carol Berman
Volunteer



Organizing for America 


           
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment