|P Roman empire (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Here's how CNBC helps us wrap our minds around that number:
- "$2 trillion is more than the combined net worth of half of all Americans. The bottom half, of course.
- $2 trillion is more than the annual GDP of Italy, Mexico or Canada.
- $2 trillion is equal to the Federal Reserve's holdings of publicly traded U.S. Treasurys.
- $2 trillion is the estimated size of the underground economy, mostly unreported income.
- $2 trillion would fund all government spending through July of this year .
- $2 trillion is equal to about two-thirds of all taxes to be collected in the U.S. for 2013.
- $2 trillion would pay for all of the existing home sales in the U.S. in 2012 AND 2013..."